Combobox Value/Display Members

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 16:30:27 EDT 2003

--- Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> - assuming you've made first/prev/next/last buttons
> with database 'actions' linked to the same query, we
> can do it quite easily :
>  + group the buttons
>  + set the group script to
>      on mouseUp
>        set the menuHistory of btn "ValuePicker" to \
>            the text of fld "RealValue"
>      end mouseUp
> - this ought to wrap it up ; once everything has
> been
> verified to work properly, you can set the visible
> of
> the "RealValue" field to false, and nobody will ever
> know you resorted to trickery ;-)

Of course I had to trip near the finish line ; the
above script should read :
  on mouseUp
    put the text of fld "RealValue" \
        into tRealValue
    put the uRealValues of btn "ValuePicker" \
        into tRealValues
    set the wholeMatches to true
    set the menuHistory of btn "ValuePicker" to \
        lineOffset(tRealValue,tRealValues)
  end mouseUp

My apologies for any confusion,

Jan Schenkel.