Voices

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jun 29 15:05:00 EDT 2003

Hi Chip,

> From: "Chipp Walters"
> Subject: RE: Voices
> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:32:42 -0500

> I actually have a few of those AT&T voices, but unfortunately, they come
> with the 5.1 SDK which doesn't work with RunRev. I expect Tuviah will
> probably fix that some day. The other issue is AT&T is *very protective* of
> those voices, and charge a bunch if you want to license them...
Yep. You'd think the Feds would get after them for that, especially as
concerns use by speech-impaired people, meaning welfare/medicare would have
to pay for it. I haven't been able to squeeze out much info on coverage,
probably because the technology for these is still new. If _anyone_ finds
any info about it, I'd sure like to hear from you offlist.