G5/Panther and ... Encryption (was G5/Panther and Rev)

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 28 09:37:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 11:28  PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 12:10  AM, Mark Brownell wrote:
>>  I want to put the XML text of each transaction into 300 separate
>> items of an array. I then would like to save this array as an
>> external file. It wouldn't be saved as text it would be saved as an
>> array file. I could then use answer to open it with my application
>> that could then access it.
>
> You CAN do exactly that by using a "data stack" via custom properties!
> See this excellent post by Richard
> http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/stk001.htm
>
> Alex Rice, Software Developer

Also from the article:
"Another tip: If you want to store data in a way that isn't obvious for
someone to read if they open the stack file in a binary editor, you can
use the compress and decompress functions on data you store in custom
props, which will also reduce the size of the data file."

I could also add Blowfish encryption to this at this point. Compression
and encryption, all in a neat package, nice. It looks like it might
work fine as a blob storage system as well.

I guess I'm just a thick-head.  Thanks for showing me this in a way
that I could relate to it. This is exactly what I needed.

Mark