Esperanto & Revolution

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at princeton.edu
Sat Jun 28 03:20:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 07:04  AM, Igor Couto wrote:

> Dear Toma,
>
> Thank you for the great suggestion!

You are quite welcome!  I've also looked into the problem you
mentioned, of not being able to pass a Unicode string  to a particular
line in a field -- and am very much perplexed.  I have no problems
doing something like:

set the unicodeText of fld "suchandsuch"  to the value of the clickLine

and preserving the Esperanto characters.  ClickText, clickLine,
clickCharChunk, charToNum all return proper values, there is no doubt
that the Revolution engine recognizes "ĝ" as numToChar(285), variables
CAN deal with those characters (I could, easily capitalize Esperanto
characters by saying something like:

put the clickText into tClickedWord
replace numToChar(349) with numToChar(348) in tClickedWord
put tClickedWord into fld "wordDisplay"

BUT as soon as I tried to put anything into a particular line of a
field, things would fall apart...

I hope we'll hear from Tuviah about this.  Also, please keep us posted
of your progress.

All best,

Toma