Eliminate doubles in a long list field

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Sat Jun 28 01:24:01 EDT 2003

Le samedi, 28 juin 2003, à 07:57 Europe/Brussels, Ludovic Thébault a
écrit :

> I've a long list field with double entry
>
> I want to eliminate double.
>
> I use this script :
>
>  repeat for each line l in myLongList
>    if l is not in myLongListWithoutDouble then
>      put l&cr after myLongListWithoutDouble
>    end if
>  end repeat
>
> But it's long. There is an another solution ? Thanks.

Hello Ludovic

here is a script I use to do the job between two flds
Very fast !!!

On mouseUp
   put "" into fld "resultat"
   put fld "listeUn" into tmpUn
   put fld "listeDeux" into tmpDeux
   put commonLines(tmpUn,tmpDeux) into fld "resultat"
end mouseUp

function commonLines pList1, pList2
    repeat for each line tLine in pList1
      put 1 into tArray[tLine]
    end repeat
    repeat for each line tLine in pList2
      if tArray[tLine] = 1 then
        put 2 into tArray[tLine]
        put tLine & cr after tRetVal
      end if
    end repeat
    delete char -1 of tRetVal
    return tRetVal
end commonLines

You can easily do t he same on ONE list with something as :

   put myLongList into tmpUn
   put myLongList into tmpDeux
   put commonLines(tmpUn,tmpDeux) into myLongList

Avec un petit bonjour de la Belgique vers la France !!
et heureux de te dépanner !

Greetings
Yves COPPE
yvescoppe at skynet.be