imageSource and "binfile:"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 28 00:05:00 EDT 2003

On 6/27/03 10:50 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 09:22 PM, Shao Sean wrote:
>
>> it looks like it was putting () around the "binfile:" &
>> tFilePath -> ("binfile:" & tFilePath)
>

> Maybe the two syntaxes "char ... to ..." and the "set ... to ..." had
> too many to's to be parsed without the (), too.

Heh. I'm trying hard to do something with "four" here, but I'm not up to
the task. :)

I was curious about the parentheses requirement in urls myself, at
first. My guess is that the "&" concatenation forces the compiler to
interpret the path as a literal string, which would be equivalent to
saying "set the imagedata of <chunk> to <string>". But you can't set
imagedata to a string. Using an actual string reference like
"http://xxx.xxx" has the same problem. By including the parentheses, we
force the engine to do an evaluation of the url -- which equals the
content of the url, i.e., the actual image data. And that does work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com