G5/Panther and ... Encryption (was G5/Panther and Rev)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jun 27 23:52:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 10:08 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

>> Maybe I don't understant what you want but check out
>> customPropertySets.

> I want to create and populate an array. The arrays can contain numbers
> or string data that might include LF and paragraph breaks. Anyway I
> want to save the array and at later times open them as arrays.
> Although this isn't about operators working on data in arrays it is
> about changing the capabilities of arrays.

If you mean the array is still there after you save and later open the
stack, then I think Monte's suggestion of customPropertySet sounds
right.

If you want to save to a file, then look at split and combine.  Since
you have numbers, you need to make sure the numberFormat will include
as many digits you need.  If you have multiline data, you want to be
careful of your split/combine delimiters and not use LF.  Perhaps some
carefully selected control characters will work.

If your arrays also include some binary data and you want to save the
data to a file, then split/combine will probably not work, not in
general.  Let us know if this is the case.

Dar Scott