4 and a bit mice......

rod mccall rodmc at runrev.com
Fri Jun 27 12:57:00 EDT 2003

> Sorry, Rob, I have to disagree here.... the person who wrote the
> review is
> Keith Martin, and he has been using SuperCard and HyperCard for years
> (he is
> very active on the SuperCard list). So he doesn't qualify for the
> "writer-only" issue of which you speak. If anything, he may be a bit
> SuperCard-biased, although other than a couple of mentions of
> SuperCard, he
> doesn't seem to be acting in a biased way

I would say that I agree with Ken Ray's comments above. In general we
we were very happy with the review in MacUser, while 5 out 5 would have
been nice, 4.5 in our book is a pretty good score. Also given Keith
Martin's expertise I'd say 4.5 is an even better score!

We've got more reviews due soon and so far MacUser and Computer World
(New Zealand) have been very positive, and everyone here at Runtime is
smiling!

In relation to comments regarding reviewers, it has been noted that a
few magazines simply do not have reviewers who are experienced enough
to examine developer tools. However in virtually every case these
magazines have said so at the outset and have declined the invitation.
In other cases they have hired freelancers with experience of developer
tools  and (where possible) of Revolution (or other xTalk environments).

Anyway we'll be making more announcements regarding press coverage over
the coming months. As ever people are welcome to email me if they wish
to discuss the matter further.

Best,

Rod

Dr Rod McCall                              www.runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Ltd
91 Hanover Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1DJ
t: +44 (0)131 718 4333 f: +44 (0) 131 718 4334
Revolution: Software at the Speed of Thought