Responsivness of Runtime Revolution Ltd.?

joel.guillod at net2000.ch joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Fri Jun 27 07:46:00 EDT 2003

Dear Revolution Developers,

As far as I have been enable to test it these last weeks, Revolution appears as a very
mature and advanced product. Being a first days Hyper- and Supercard user, I am
convinced that Runtime Revolution Ltd should be very proud of their product because they
have done a pretty good job until yet.

Leaving the implementation part of the product, I am wondering to know what you as
developers and users are saying about the company. Is it responsive? Could we count on
the company that the product will live a long time, being enhanced and bug corrected in a
raisonable amont of time? That developers are listened for a best (R)evolution?

My own very short experience is that I registered through the Internet for some license of
Revolution two weeks ago and still haven't got the serial to unlock the free version. I also
sent an email yesterday but still no reply.

My previous experiences with RealBasic are so that the replies from Realsoftware are very
fast. Also does the Supercard team. Then the meaning of my questions about the
Revolution company: I have been waiting for a while for the second version annonced many
months ago. Now it is here and is working quite fine (ok few bugs but very few for an
upgrade). So, I decided to move and to make development first for academic projects to,
maybe later on, commercial ones. And now I have to admit that things may be going very
slow...

So, let me know if I will be able to do serious development with Revolution. I am convinced
that my own problem is just a small failure somewhere but the doubt has been raised.

If you prefer for privacy, please just reply directly to me at <joel.guillod at net2000.ch>.

King Regards and good pleasure with Revolution,

Joel