read/write Palm DBs

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 04:32:00 EDT 2003

--- Lars Lewejohann <lale at phenotyping.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I came accross "Revolution" by searching a
> crossplatform development-tool for
> building a Win, Mac and Linux software to work with
> my Palm software "Tiny
> Red Book" (http://www.tiny-red-book.com ). What I
> would like to ask is whether
> there are any templates/experiences using revolution
> to read/write Palm databases
> on different platforms. I have already started to
> write a VisualBasic programm (sorry,
> didn't mean to offend...:-) -reading/writing PDBs is
> quite easy with VB and a
> certain DLL (PalmDB.dll), however a growing number
> of customers are asking for a
> Linux or Mac client.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Lars

Hi Lars,

If you need cross-platform without the headaches of
Java, then Revolution is the way to go :-)
AFAIK, no one here has written a library yet for
reading and/or writing pdb files. However, a bit of
googling turned up the file format specs at :
http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/docs/fileformats/PDB_PRCFormat.html
So this shouldn't be too hard to accomplish :-)

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====