Grouped Fields and the formattedHeight

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 25 23:22:01 EDT 2003

On 6/25/03 7:07 PM, Igor Couto wrote:

> Do you think these are bugs? Should I report them? Or am I missing
> something?
>
> Again, the problems:
>
> 1) changing the textFont of a group, and then the textSize of a group,
> and then getting the formattedHeight of a field in the group yields a
> wrong value.

I tried the recipe from your previous message. I got the same results as
you did until I clicked into the field. After the field received the
focus, the formattedheight suddenly adjusted itself correctly. So it
looks like the field has to get the focus before all its properties are
fully recognized.

I guess you could call it a bug. Scripting a "focus on fld 1" into your
handler might work around it, but I didn't try it.

> 2) removing the textFont property of the group (setting it to 'empty'),
> ALSO removes the textSize.
>
> Is this the way things are supposed to work?

I'm not sure it is exactly a bug, because I can see an argument for
having it work either way. But I think you should report both of them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com