Valentina in OS X

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Wed Jun 25 18:56:01 EDT 2003

Hi Jacque

> The OS X distribution of Revolution contains only the Classic copy of

Are you sure that the Val engine is not included? Did you try the
'Components:database_drivers:MacOSX:...' folder?

> Valentina. This doesn't work under OS X. I downloaded the public demo
> from Paradigm but it is severely limited (10 minute time restriction).

I think the bundle distributed with RR is also a 10 min time restriction.

> Even so, I can connect to a database and get an ID number in return, but
> no other calls to the DB work.
>
> The database query builder is competely grayed out and disabled, in both
> panes.
>
> Suggestions? Is anyone else using Valentina in OS X?

I'm using Val on both OS 9 and X, and just starting on Win. However, I'm not
using Rev's built-in db features, rather I use the Val commands only, so I
am probably not much help.

Ron