[OT] Re: Apple's New Product Announcements

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 25 16:52:00 EDT 2003

For those of you using Macs out there who want to stay connected with other
Mac users, you might want take a look at Apple's new iChatAV (free beta
download on Apple's site).  A friend and I tried this out recently on a
couple of laptops and while the audio quality varies, it *can* be phenomenal
with very little delay between send and receive.

Both of us were connected wirelessly, with my friend sitting in his backyard
and me at my studio, all without cables, external microphones or additional
hardware: we simply talked "at" our laptops and our voices were sent over
the network (a mic is hidden somewhere in the laptop case).  I could
actually hear the birds in my friend's backyard.

(BTW, a hint for iChatAV -- pressing the mute button on the status panel
every so often restores the voice quality of your broadcast nicely.)

Looking forward to a connected future...

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design
Email: scott at tactilemedia.com