Grouped Fields and the formattedHeight

Igor Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Wed Jun 25 10:42:00 EDT 2003

Thank you for the reply!

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 12:48  AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> So what happened was that the FIRST time I set the textSize property
>> of the GROUP, the change in point size was not seen at the field's
>> level - even though Revolution showed the font in the appropriate
>> size in the screen. When a SECOND change was applied to the field
>> (changing the height of the field itself), then Revolution suddenly
>> realised that the point size of the field had, indeed, changed.
>
> Is the fixedLineHeight of the fields set to true? You'll get uneven
> results if it isn't. The textheight doesn't really "take" without a
> fixed line height.

Doing the following:

1) Create fields, then group them. Put some characters in them. Check
that the fixedLineHeight is ON on all fields.

Now, in the message box:

2) set the textFont of group "grp1" to "Arial Black"

The fixedLineHeight is still on.

3) set the textSize of group "grp1" to 36.

The fixedLineHeigh is still on. The inspector reports that the 'text
Height' is now 48.

4) put the formattedHeight of field "fld1" of group "grp1"

Revolution reports: 28. Obviously wrong. And the fixedLineHeight IS ON.

Just for curiosity's sake, I repeated the procedure, but making sure
that the fixedLineHeight was OFF. The result was exactly the same.

Also: if at the end of the experiment, I set the TEXTFONT of the group
to 'empty', Revolution ALSO removes the 'textSize' of the group! - ie,
the textSize also becomes 'empty'!

Does anyone have any explanation for this behaviour? Is it supposed to
work this way? Is this a bug?

Any hints appreciated!!!!

Many thanks!

--