Temporary folder on OSX

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 24 12:16:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am developing an app which needs to use some temporary files, so I
would like to use the temporary folder defined by the system.
But there is something strange with the temporary folder on OSX

I have an iBook running OSX 10.2.6 and Rev 2.0.1

On this computer, the specialFolderPath("Temporary") command returns
"/private/tmp/502/Temporary Items"
Notice that the Rev documentation doesn't say temporary folder is
available on OSX.

Also, I have an iMac with OSX 10.2.6 and Rev 2.0.1

But on this other computer, specialFolderPath("Temporary") returns
empty.
I checked the disk - with the help of FileBuddy as the temporary folder
is invisible - and found the path "/private/tmp/501".
I created the "Temporary Items" folder, and then
specialFolderPath("Temporary") returns "/private/tmp/501/Temporary
Items"
Looks good.
Unfortunately, when I restart the system, the "Temporary Items" folder
is deleted.

At this stage, I would like to know what is correct: should
specialFolderPath("Temporary") returns a path or not ?

Please, could someone check on his own computer and let me know what
does return specialFolderPath("Temporary") ?

Thanks.

Thierry Arbellot