transfer ALL properties of one button to others

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Jun 23 23:36:01 EDT 2003

I frequently find  that at some point in interface design I will come
up with a button look and feel that I then want to apply to all other
buttons regardless of their menu mode and, as we know, the current
button/menu inspectors are incomplete, property wise, blocking the
developer from one set or properties or another depending on his
initial choice on creation.. I thought i could over come this with this
script, which I was then going to set up to repeat, targetting all
buttons:

on mouseup
    put the properties of btn  "Find" into myArray
    delete variable myArray[name] -- keep name of target
   delete variable myArray[rect] -- keep rect-loc of target
  set the properties of btn  "Add Reminders" to myArray
end mouseup

But, it doesn't work, the target button does change, but it still
doesn't look exactly like the source button... how do you do this?
There *must* be some global way to set all buttons to be exactly the
same with regards to appearance, not necessarily in terms of
operation... i.e. I may want a "standard" looking button to behave as a
pull down menu, but both have the same visual appearance.

tia

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery