Font's in pasted scripts

Martin Baxter martin at harbourtown.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 02:59:01 EDT 2003

Yes, Edwin, you are not alone...

I too have been seeing some really ugly results from pasting into scripts,
and haven't found a simple way to fix it.
The script looks awful because the pretty-printing (aka indentation) loses
contact with reality, (because of the character widths of the different
typeface maybe? I don't know the reason for sure) and pressing tab doesn't
correct it, nor does any attempt to space it by hand.

I agree this is rather irritating. There is a need for some sort of "make
it better" button I think ;-)

I've been doing battle with a couple of other irritating issues and so have
just let this go by with a sigh. If I find a simpler fix than the one you
already use I'll let you know.

martin baxter