Newbie

dottorzivago at fastwebnet.it dottorzivago at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jun 21 15:05:00 EDT 2003

Ken,
thank you very much for your fast answer.
I am using a MAc (OSX) for developing (ehm, trying to develop
something).
I am in love now with  a beautiful Ibook, after many years with Windows
(which I still use on work).
Unfortunately my knowledge of MAC is so so and my knowledge of
Revolution is 0 (perhaps 1...)
I would like to create a little database with the distribution builder.
Since I have read that built applications cannot be modified, I have
built an application with only stack A (startup screen) that opens
stack B (not in the application); stack B contains all the fields,
grouped as background (name, address, date of birth, etc...), of the
database plus some buttons (next, prev, new, list)  A button on stack B
could, for instance, save and close stack B. So I can save all the
records of my database and find them relaunching the application.
Not sure if I understand you well: can I make a main stack with a
substack, tell the distribution builder to make substack in separate
files and when the application is built  can I  create and save new
records?
The sample application employee database does exactly what I need, but
it's still too difficult for me to understand the scripts.
By the way I must congratulate with the developers of Revolution; it
seems to me a great software.
Also thanks to this great list (3 answer in a very little time)
Ciao from (very HOT) Italy
Ubaldo