How to save text in a stack

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sat Jun 21 14:53:40 EDT 2003

>owever, when I turned it
>into a standalone, any text I entered was gone when it was reopened.  Am I
>missing something?  If that's not how it's supposed to work, what does it
>do?

Standalones can't save any changes for the next time. So you use a splash
stack and make it your standalone. From that stack (which may only just
present a splash screen for the user), you "start using" another stack
that will contain your data and which you can save with changes. This
stack will have to be separate from the splash stack (it can't be a
substack) so you will be distributing at least two items (unless you're
under OSX, in which case you could place it in the Application bundle).

So, to recap, the splash stack is built as a standalone and contains the
engine but probably not much else. It can't save changes to itself. Your
data stack is a separate stack called by the standalone, and it can save
changes without problems.

Are you still confused?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein