Updating visited of linked text

erik hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 19:50:01 EDT 2003

--- Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:
> I'm using the link style in many fields.  These
> point to cards.  The
> link is visited when clicked, but I also want
> to mark them visited if
> the user navigates to the cards in any other
> way such as clicking
> buttons or clicking other linked text.
>
> I think I want to mark links in a field as
> visited if they are in a
> list.  Is there an easy way to do that?
>
> I can't think of a way to get all the links in
> a field except to run
> through the field character by character.  I
> thought of htmlText, but
> that doesn't seem to show visited.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Dar Scott

my music editor uses linked text and what works
for me is keeping track of the linked text
as it is written down, i.e. store
"char 2 to 10 of fld _Fld" is stored somewhere.
(that is easier than quoting)
when someone clicks "char 2 to 10 of fld _Fld"
you compare the clickChunk (hope that is right)
to the items in your list.

where you go from there...

Erik

=====