valentina and rev 2.0

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jun 18 16:21:01 EDT 2003

>That's nothing to be ashamed of ; my memories of
>certain periods of my life are kind of blurry -- now
>if you couldn't remember that you just sent this mail,
>that's when I'd advise you seek some help ;-)
>Jokes aside, this juggling with cursors is a big
>problem when using the revdb functions with MySQL. So
>maybe Rand could try and check the 'Cache result sets'
>checkbox, as this will ensure cursors are closed after
>fetching the data.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Jan Schenkel.

Forgetting to close a cursor will cause a memory leak but there is no
reason for  crash. Calling a non-existing cursor (like in passing a
reference to a closed cursor, for example) is a more likely cause of
a bad crash. Since such a crash occurs in an extension, the whole
enviroment goes down.

Robert