pendingmessages

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jun 18 13:47:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 09:37 AM, Martin Meili wrote:

> Can anybody comment on this and help me?

I forgot to mention the Pending Messages view on the Message Box.  This
can be very handy.

You can use this to look at the messages and even cancel them.  By
checking the right box, you can see these in real time and even see the
Revolution messages.

I have never seen messages like mouseUp in pendingMessages.  However,
messages like moveStopped and socketClosed will show up there.

This also can help you learn the format of the value returned from
pendingMessages.  That value consists of a line for each message.  The
items of each line are organized like this:

item 1          message ID
item 2          time/date of when message should run in "seconds format"
                 (I have sent messages to the past but I have yet to get
them to run in the past, so
                  I use this for priority sends, year 2000 = high
priority, year 1990 = hot priority.)
item 3          handler to get the message
item 4 to -1    the long id of the object to get the message (think
item 4)

Not all message information is supplied by pendingMessages.

Puzzle for Revolutionaries:  Watch messages in realtime.  There is one
message you can't ever see, even though it is almost always in the
pendingMessages.  What message is that?

Dar Scott