revGoURL behaviour [& other issues]

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Jun 18 09:35:01 EDT 2003

>Message: 3
>Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:20:55 +0100
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>From: howard freeman <hef at fisiltd.co.uk>
>
>(snip)
>
>On another issue - I noticed in v2 and 201 on Mac OS X that sometimes
>rev hangs on opening when loading menus and plug-ins, and the only
>way to get it to boot again is to reinstall. Is this me or a feature?
>
>regards
>
>Howard Freeman

Howard,

No, you are not alone. My copy of RR 2.0 seems to run out of gas
after a while; when this happens it freezes on loading the plug-ins.

You ask if this is a "feature." There was such a feature made famous
on the old "Mission Impossible" TV series. Remember the line: "This
message will self-destruct in 5 seconds" ?

I have taken to keeping a fresh backup folder of RR 2.0. To
reinstall, I first duplicate that folder (to serve as the next
backup) and then switch to the clone. Relatively painless.

Jim