no OSX engine

mark cowhead at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 06:03:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Geoff Canyon wrote:

> I just had a thought -- where is the runrev folder located? It should
> be in your applications folder. I'm guessing it's on your desktop?

THANK YOU GEOFF !! No, it's in the apps folder but perhaps I did
something even dumber.  Since I wanted to keep both Rev 2.0.1 AND Rev
1.1 in the Doc, and I needed to be able to differentiate the two, I
simply changed the name of the app to Rev2.0.... and that, of course,
meant the dist builder couldn't find the engine!  Case solved.  Thanks
again!

(ps on OSX, if you make an alias first, you can change the name to
anything you like before you drag it to the doc, but a 'shortcut' is to
simply drag the app/file/folder directly to the doc, in which case, to
change the name, you have to change the name of the app itself.  I now
see how that can get you into trouble!)

mark mitchell
Japan