installing valentina vxcmd

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 16 12:41:00 EDT 2003

On 6/16/03 5:33 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> A common problem with externals (as with valentina) is failing to set
> the externals property under OSX. And you are using the Macho version of
> Valentina, of course.

Good point. In my case though, the externals property is set and saved
with the stack (and so by extension, also saved with the standalone
built from the stack.) I'm getting variable results though. Sometimes
the external is accessible, sometimes not, even on the same Mac. On
non-OS X machines, it works fine with both the .dll and OS9 versions of
the external.

I was wondering if my filepath for the OS X external is correct though.
I use simply "myExternal.bundle" and the external is placed in the same
folder as the app (which is itself a bundle.) This gives variable
results. Since the Macho engine is inside the Resources folder, which is
inside the Contents folder, I tried putting the external.bundle into the
Resources folder inside the app bundle. Still no go.

What filepath do you use for the externals property, and where do you
place the external.bundle itself? Inside the app bundle? Or at the root
level of the app folder? What filepath do you use in the externals property?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com