Listee of the year award

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Mon Jun 16 05:23:02 EDT 2003

Dear list members,

The results are in.

I don't think this will come as a surprise to any of you - his courtesy,
rapid responses and clear, comprehensive answers make the winner an
outstanding member of this community. However, before I reveal the name of
the actual winner, I would like to mention the runners up.

These people can all take a well deserved bow, and the title of Revolution
Guru. Raise your glasses please for

Richard Gaskin.

Ken Ray.

Klaus Major.

Jacqueline Landman Gay.

Geoff Canyon.

And our own Jeanne Devoto.

If I quoted all the nice things people have been saying about you guys, your
ears would be burning and this would be a very long email.

Ok. Are we ready?

The winner is....

Jan Schenkel.

Jan, you earned this. It will give me much pleasure to get a fine single
malt whiskey shipped to your address asap. You are official Revolution
Listee of the Year.

A final surprise. We were discussing this award in the office, and we
thought it would be a good thing also to acknowledge the contribution made
by those brave enough to join in at the beginning of their Revolution
careers. It takes guts to speak up for the first time in a community of
experienced users, and ask what may turn out to be a daft newbie question.
But without the questions there would be no answers for the next daft newbie
to learn from. So we decided to award a Newbie prize, for the simplest
question in recent memory from the newest recruit. This award goes to

Drum roll...

Christopher S. Walters

For his maiden post of Wed, 11 Jun 2003, containing the longest URL anyone
has ever seen in living memory. :-)

Welcome to the Revolution, Christopher, and you also will receive a bottle
of scotch, if you would be kind enough to supply me *offlist* with your
address details.

My warm regards and congratulations to all.

Heather

<http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0) 131 7184333 Fax: +44 (0)1639 830707
Revolution: Software at the Speed of Thought