List of users and associated data

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jun 12 12:43:01 EDT 2003

Hi Barry,

> I have a need for a stack which will be used for a user login. The
> target audience is children so they will have to select their name
> from a list. There will be a method for an admin (teacher or parent)
> to add/delete a username from the list. While I will need to keep
> track of various data (last login, tests taken, scores for each test),
> the user should only see his/her name.
>
> My thoughts are to use a separate stack (so I can modify/save the data
> residing in this stack) and, in the stack, have an invisible field
> holding a comma-delimited list of the data (which is programmatically
> updated when a user completes a test) -and- a visible list field that
> I re-populate with the user names whenever a user is added/deleted.
>
> It is possible that the list of users will be as many as 50. I am
> avoiding any kind of external DB for simplicity's sake.
>
> What are the listas' thoughts on this matter?

Sounds good.

Now, what was the question? :-D

Just kidding ;-)

I would recommend a password protected stack to hold "sensible" data
and the use of custom props...

You can easily access a protected stack (even from the hd, no need to
open it!)
with this little script:

set the passkey of stack "path to your stack here" to "password"
## I suggest to use a better password ;-)

## do your stuff here with the contents of that stack...

thats all :-)

Hope that helps.

> Thanks,
> Barry