standalone has plainly readable transcript

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jun 12 11:30:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 09:41 AM, Victor Eijkhout wrote:

>>  I should have made the connection
>
> Any time you say that, it really indicates a deficiency in the manual.
> As a manual writer myself, I don't approve of the "you can't say it
> wasn't there" style of technical writing.

I agree, but even with the best of styles, the lack of such
deficiencies is a high standard.  We press toward it, but a falling
short may not be indicative of a poor style or strategy.

As for my own writing...  Well, the connection is perfectly clear to
me!  That's why my customers hire people like you.

Dar Scott