Compressing and decompressing a file -- sorry a folder

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Thu Jun 12 07:18:01 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Just a quick caveat: in OSX remember that some files can be a bundle
and actually a folder.  If you try to compress then decompress this
file, it won't work.   (I think Rev has some notes tucked away
somewhere about this, not sure where, maybe in Dev Guide folder notes?)

Anyway one quick way to check if an Application is a bundle (ie
actually a folder in disguise) is to control-click on it from the
Finder.  If you see a 'Show Package Contents' then it is a bundle (are
all Mac OSX apps bundles or just Cocoa apps?  Not sure here).

So don't get trapped as I did: I thought I'd hit a miracle when a 10Mb
application compressed down to 10K, now that would be nice.

Might be good for dictionary inclusion and/or Development Guide recipe
Rev team?

M@