filepaths for multiple builds

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Jun 11 20:59:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 03:26  PM, Edward Cawley wrote:

> Hi all
> I'm trying to build standalones for mac and windows and I have a
> problem.
> I am developing in MacOSX.
> I have a large number of images which I access by filepaths. I don't
> need to specify the hard drive in MacOSX just the file name on the
> hard drive (/river?).but when I access them in OS8&9 I need to
> indicate the hard drive name (ie /Macinosh/.......as well. I'm not
> sure what I need to do for Windows? I can see that I could use an if
> then to change the filepaths to fit the operating systems. But how can
> I find out the operating systems for the scripts?

Ed, are the images are being distributed with your stack? and do you
have control over their location on the CD or in the distribution
directory? i.e if your directory structure can look something this.

Folder: Fantastic Image Archive/
             file: TheGreatestPix.rev
		 sub-folder:  images/
						files: lots of images

the you have a ready made solution in this syntax

"put the effective filename of this stack into gPath_Where_I_Live"

and get the path for the sub directories by parsing that string. Can
give you the full script if you need it.

then the issue of determining platform-OS disappears.

hth