Repeat request: Can anyone help with the 'printable area' problem

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jun 11 12:29:09 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 02:40  AM, Graham wrote:

> I think all I need is something that when activated sets the
> printMargins to the selected printer's minimum rather than 72 points
> all round (which in fact is more than the minimum margins of any
> printer I've ever used). Of course having captured this info, one
> would still be free to alter the printMargins, or have the user alter
> them via a Page Setup dialog as usual.
>
> What I really can't understand is why other people don't want this
> facility as much as I do. There are a million different kinds of
> applications out there, and I guess a good few of them don't have much
> paper output.

I agree it is much needed!  Until it is available maybe allow the user
to adjust margins until there is no clipping?

However, I'm guessing it's a difficult feature to implement. Maybe not
all printers offer up this information?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com