substack behavior

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 11 11:47:00 EDT 2003

  Greetings to all, and many thanks for all of the helpful posts to this
list. I'm working on a fairly elaborate database (a dictionary research
tool), using RR 2.0. I want to be able to provide myself and my research
partner with reference materials, and the logical way to do this would seem
to be to have floating substacks that provide different kinds of information
in fields. But when I open a substack, I have to negotiate all of the open
stack, close stack, etc. stuff -- but what I really want is just a floating
window that provides information -- is there any way to suppress the
open-stack messages and that sort of stuff? It's easy enough to have a blank
open-stack handler in the sub-stack, e.g.,

on openstack

end openstack

but this seems kludgy and there may be all sorts of handlers going off that
I'm unaware of -- is there like a global setting for a stack that goes --
pretend this isn't a stack but just a popup window? Thanks.

rand valentine