fixed line height btn Bug

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Wed Jun 11 11:19:00 EDT 2003

Hi Jeanne,
On Wednesday, Jun 11, 2003, at 01:10 Europe/Vienna, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto
wrote:

> fixed line height btn Bug
>
> At 9:53 AM -0700 6/10/03, Wolfgang M. Bereuter wrote:
>> Hi RR team,
>>
>> bug report:
>> open stack
>> make textfield
>> open tool palette
>> basic properties
>> fixed line height
>> all four buttons to set the text height and first intend are not
>> working like they should...
>
> Could you be a little more specific about what problem you are seeing?
> These controls work fine here.

FOA.. I saw the same effekt with all fields and all buttons
pls dont tell me thats a new *feature*;o)

I will explain it now with a textfield changing the height

In the palette (basic props, size and position) where you can change
the size of a control, is a kind of oval vertical double btn with 2
triangles, to up and downsize the control and the numbers in the
textfields beside...

The usual behaviour of this type of btns in any tool is (was also in
1.1.1):
If you click on the upper triangle the numbers are going up and the
size of the control too.
If you  click on the lower triangle the numbers are going down
If you hold down the btn it goes up (down) until you leave the btn...

Pls correct me if I m wrong...

Not one of this regular(expected) behavior works here. (OSX 10.2.6 G4
764)
Hence I thougth that unusual behaviour is so clear, that it does not
need any further description
Sorry, seems my fault, so the recipe...

tool palette
size and position

*upper triangle of the oval btn
On mouse over upper triangle (changes to the hand cursor)
click with the finger (of the handcursor) on the upper triangle
it is *not* clickable (only the area of lower triangle flashes blue)
but nothing happens.
No change in the numbers in the (textfield (palette)
No change in the size of the control itself

lower triangle
On mouse over lower triangle (changes to the hand cursor)
click with the finger (handcursor) on the lower triangle
flashes blue correct but does also nothing (like the click on the upper
one)

*and:
if you hold the mouse down over the triangle (upper or lower) and move
it a bit out of the area of the triangle the size jumps in one moment
to about 1300, 5000 or 10000 (depends on how long or how far you go out
of the area with mosue down, - also a *bit* unusual...

*change the size of the control with mouse pointer or in the palettes
textfields works correct

On Tuesday, Jun 10, 2003, at 21:37 Europe/Vienna, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Is there a form for submitting bug reports?

Richard,
what did you mean with that?
Is it that kind of recipe you asked for, or..?

Sorry again... I could not imagine that I m the only one which has uses
the btns...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539