How to open Richmond's bits of fluff....

Emmanuel Companys mcompanys at mac.com
Wed Jun 11 10:46:00 EDT 2003

Le mercredi, 11 juin 2003, à 15:02 Europe/Paris, Mathewson a écrit :

> This is a problem I frequently encounter (not just with my
> own stacks); I don't know the reason for this:
>
> Trying to open stacks through the 'Open' dialogue in the
> menu bar gives me a list of dimmed out RR stacks.
>
> The trick I use in Mac OS X is to fire up Runtime
> Revolution; once it has opened I drag the stack I wish to
> open to the RR icon on the Dock - and it opens.

I  tryed it with "Consonants" : a fantastic stack (as well the
container as the contents). Congratulations.
It made me feel ashamed  thinking of the poor sad HyperCard stacks I
made ten years ago on almost the same subject.

> The trick I use in Mac OS 9 is to fire up Runtime
> Revolution; once it has opened I drag the stack I wish to
> open to the application RR icon - and it opens.
>
> I am afraid I have no experience worth mentioning with
> Windows - but I assume there is some type of similar trick.

But  I suspect there is something wrong in the distribution builder. I
dont find it normal, either, that a standalone, which has its one run
program, would open another standalone, especially if the last
Revolution engine used was the real RR program, and/or if the RR
program is already open!

I sent an uncompacted macOS X standalone to a friend:  it opened Excel!

This standalone problem  is most important for the future use of RR.

Manuel