What about the bug in MenuBuilder on 2.0.1?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Jun 10 00:28:00 EDT 2003

> >> If you create a menu for OSX by example, the first menu after the
> >> Application menu (generaly the File Menu) is always is empty
> >
> > Is there anything else in your File Menu besides Quit? If not, the File
> > menu will be empty under OSX because the Quit item is removed and moved
> > to the Application menu.
>

> Howard, no, in fact, you have to create two menuitems more than what is on
> the menu bar: example:
>
> I create
>
> item1
> item2
> item3
> item4
>
> And in the menubar in MacOS, I have
>
> item1
> item2
>
> If I don't write item3 and item4, the menu is empty!
>
> I repeat it's ONLY the FIRST menu after the application menu who has this
> problem. So maybe it's not a bug but if it not, so what is the
> explanation?

As Hoard said this is not a bug. It is expected and documented behaviour on
OS X. If you always make your last two items:

-
Quit

Then you won't have a problem. Quit gets moved to it's correct position in
the Application menu. Also note that the last item in the Help menu (last
menu) gets moved to the correct position for the about menu item on MacOS.

Regards

MOnte