Random colour

dan johnson danjohnson at 37.com
Mon Jun 9 14:28:00 EDT 2003

Rick Harrison wrote:
On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 12:16  PM, David Squance wrote:

Is there a simple way to randomize color of text and background of a field
without getting a combination which is unreadable?

First I think you will have to decide for yourself which combinations are
not readable.

Hello,

I agree that you need to decide in advance what constitutes acceptable color
combinations. In my simple minded thinking, I would only use a few colors. Then
it is possible to do easily something like the following .

Store  16  lines of color data in a field "BaseColors". The first item of a line
is the text color, and the remaining items are compatible background colors.

on mouseUp
  get any line in field "BaseColors"
  set the textColor of field 1 to item 1 of it
  put item 2 to -1 of it into tCompatibleColors
  set the backgroundColor of field 1 to any item in tCompatibleColors
end mouseUp

(I hope this isn't too simple for what you need to do.)

Dan