[Out of topic?] ODBC for MySql

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sat Jun 7 12:22:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 08:57  AM, Andre Rombauts wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Somewhat out of topic, but if someone can help outside the forum...
>
> I managed to setup the EasyPhp/MySql package on my Win XP station
> (still
> having problems to setup a Php/Sql solution on my eMac). I can create,
> manage and access thru php the sql databases. But as I own a K12 RunRev
> licence I cannot access directly the server and has to setup a ODBC
> link.
> Here comes the problem... Although the SQL server is running correctly
> the
> ODBC administrator page refuses to 'see' it and I cannot link and use
> database in RunRev... :-(
>
> Can anyone help me...? Thanks!

Did you install the MyODBC drivers from mysql.com? Those have always
worked perfectly on win98 and win2000, alhtough I never tried on winxp.

> By the way, how will react a system where no sql is installed if a
> Runrev
> Application using Sql request is running?

the mysql client library, and all the other db libraries except
valentina can connect to a database on the local machine, or a machine
over the network.

check the hostname you are using to connect to the database?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com