htmltext font size weirdness

curry curry at pair.com
Sat Jun 7 05:51:01 EDT 2003

Trying the electron formatting example, I found that the htmltext
size doesn't seem to follow the Rev Help syntax. It seems that "size"
is the proper <font> label and not "textsize".

It also seems that the sizes 1 to 7 are handled differently than
sizes 8 and up.

Try this:

set textsize of char 1 of field 1 to 2
set the htmltext of field 1 to the htmltext of field 1

I think this is an attempt to have "size" handle two different
systems of sizes, the NetScape <font size> tag of 1-7, and the point
size if it's upwards of that.

I see it's an nice intent to offer as much feature as possible with
the tag, but could there be a better way? Although it allows some
interesting interaction for both point size and standard HTML size,
but it doesn't really work out totally for either. You can't set low
point textsizes by setting the htmltext, and on the other, if you
decide to follow the HTML size model, getting the htmltext will
supply you with the point textsizes instead!

I know it may be a tricky area, I know that we don't have browser
agreement over the point-size tag for example, but could we consider
something that would be more consistent one way or another?

--
Curry Kenworthy