record sound problems

Dan Soneson sonesond1 at southernct.edu
Fri Jun 6 12:11:01 EDT 2003

I am using Mac OSX 10.2.5,  Rev 1.1.1 AND have tried the new sound
routines in Rev 2.0r2.

Has anyone found the solution to the recording problems that surface in
standalone app on
OSX? The sound recording works just fine within Revolution, but it
seems no matter what compression
scheme, sample size etc. I try, when I have made a standalone the kind
of recording I get
is a truncated file with an occasional repeat. It is like the symptom
described about a year ago
where you might say "1..2..3..4..5" and the file that is generated
sounds like "3..4..5..1"

While looking through the archives there were several suggestions, from
recommending QT Pro to
recording everything at best quality and then compressing afterward. I
have tried several compression
schemes, from IMA4 to Qualcomm voice to None, but the problem still
persists. I am trying to build a
voice recorder for foreign language learning, but I am not able to rely
on an accurate recording.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan Soneson