Yikes! E-mail harvesting possibility?

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Fri Jun 6 04:14:02 EDT 2003

Quite.

Apart from the harvesting aspect there is the simple fact
that the e-mail digests contain all the e-mail addresses of
the contributors.  So far I have not been able to identify
any of the piles of SPAM I seem to get as originating from
somebody having subscribed to the e-mail digest - but any
SPAMMER must be incredibly stupid if they don't see this
possibility.

It is perfectly reasonable to communicate with individuals
via the list.  If the RR list moderators could remove
e-mail addresses from the digests I belive they would do us
all a favour.

Richmond Mathewson