converting Vectors to Bitmaps with mask

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 20:21:01 EDT 2003

on Tue Jun 3 14:01:01 2003
Chipp Walters wrote:

>Here's how I would approach it.
>[snip]
>1) Create your vector graphic
>2) Convert it to a bitmap with import snapshot
>the rect of the graphic (be sure to use the window
ID)
>3) Re-render your vector graphic so that it is
>black on white, thus creating a mask
>4) Convert it to a bitmap with import snapshot,
>thus creating the alphamask
>4) You can use my Image Compositing stack at:
>http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/
>Downloads.htm to see how to convert the black
>and white graphic to the alphadata of the
>original screen capture.
>[snip]
>hope this helps, Chipp

Thanks Chipp, I'll try this solution first.

Just wondering that a screenshot captures everything
in the rectangle, including parts of other objects
like fields, images or other graphics.

Maybe coping the group in another stack, I can capture
only the image of the group of graphics. I'll look
at your image compositing stack.

If this convertion can be done fast, then
I'll simulate the use of blendlevels on
vector graphics.

Thanks again :))

Alejandro