spreadsheet-type field

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Thu Jun 5 17:21:00 EDT 2003

So we've got this very nice spreadsheet kind of field that one can use
for a grid of cells if one carefully intercepts all user mouseclicks
and keystrokes to make sure that the user doesn't click where he should
not or type what he should not.

It seems to me that this type of field is somewhat half-baked in its
implementation. I would think that, at a minimum, one should be able to
enter the number of rows and columns (and not have the user be able to
expand beyond this). It would probably also be quite useful to set the
column widths (although, if I remember correctly, this can be done
through Transcript).

Is anyone using this type of field and, if so, is there a simple means
to define the number of rows and columns?

Thanks,
Barry