Detect BSD Libraries installed in OSX?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 15:05:00 EDT 2003

I'm afraid I'm not getting this at all (which could be due to the fact that I
don't know unix).   I've tried the

# which which

and the

/usr/bin/which

calls, and all I get is command not found errors.   Can you tell me more
about what the unix command would be to determine if the BSD.pkg file exists?