documentation - full text search useful?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 4 11:11:00 EDT 2003

On 6/4/03 12:46 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 8:27PM -0700 6/2/03, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>>I can't find this. When I look at the Transcript Dictionary page, I see
>>a popdown button at the left, but it only includes "Filter with" and
>>"Scroll to". Where should I look for the search mechanism?
>

> Do you have version 2.0? (It's new in 2.0.)

I found it. Here's what happened: immediately after launching Rev 2.0, I
choose "Revolution Documentation" from the Help menu. I get the old
RevDocs stack (I'm not sure where it is coming from, since I deleted
older beta versions of 2.0.) If I go into the Finder and double-click
the RevDocumentation.rev file, I get the message about duplicate stacks
in memory. I choose "purge" and the new help stack loads. This stack
does have the "search for" item in the popdown button. Bizarre. Must be
some path that stored in the licensing stack, yes?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com