Name of Rev app in dock

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Jun 3 17:37:02 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 02:50  PM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> I've got a Revolution app that I've created called "Rob's Rev App".  I
> use the Build process, and it puts an app on my desktop called "Rob's
> Rev App" - - - - I next run the app, and I see the blue "R" appear in
> my Mac Dock in Mac OS X, but if I mouse-over that icon, the app calls
> itself "Revolution" instead of my app-title name.  I'm sure this must
> be a simple text field somewhere that I need to alter, but I'm not
> finding it in the Builder app.  Can someone point me in the right
> direction?

I made a bug report about this one. Here is a workaround.

- Right-click or Control-click on the "Rob's Rev App" file in the
Finder.
- Select "Show Package contents"
- Edit the file Contents/Info.plist (Use a text editor, or install the
Developer Tools CD and you will have a useful app called "Property List
Editor".)
- Change the values of CFBundleExecutable and CDBundleName to "Bob's
Rev App" (or whatever, it doesn't have to match the name of your.app)
- Save that file
- Rename the executable Contents/MacOS/Revolution to
Contents/MacOS/Bob's Rev App
- Run your app.

Voila! You can also change the copyright and get-info strings while you
are editing Info.plist.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com