Books for Profit? / Book on Revolution.

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Tue Jun 3 14:33:01 EDT 2003

Hi all,

as some of you already know I have been working on a Multimedia with
Revolution cookbook in german language. I started writing it after reviewing
Revolution for the german MacLife magazine and a 3 issues workshop for the
same mag. Now I have to work through it, take actual screenshots and take
care of the changes from 1.1.1 to 2.0. A lot of work left. About 3-4 month
to go before it is ready for proof reading.

Danny Grizzle wrote:

[snip]
1) Advanced fees
[/snip]

Well at last in my case that´s not true. I haven´t found a publisher yet,
who pays any advanced money. :-(
Well I get a lot of encouragement by Runrev. (Thanks Rod and Heather :-)
...) That keeps up my enthusiasm.
But up to now the money I´ve been making with my workshops is
disproportional to the time I´ve been sitting in my office writing them.

[snip]
nobody buys computer books for software they don't own.
[/snip]

I don´t think so. If you put the free trial edition of Rev on a cover CD of
the book, people get the software they need to take the first steps. Sooner
or later, if they devellop interest in really creating something they will
want to buy the full featured version or take a look at the 30 days trial
first.

The recipes I´ve been setting up do all work in the starter Kit limitations,
so I don´t think this will be a problem. The major problem (beside writing
the book of course) will be finding a publisher who has the power to push it
on the market.

Just my 0.02 Euros

Regards,

Malte