converting Vectors to Bitmaps with mask

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jun 3 14:01:01 EDT 2003

Hi Alejandro,

Here's how I would approach it. (Assuming the Vector graphic is NOT
anti-aliased, which should be correct because MC can't render vectors
antialiased)

1) Create your vector graphic
2) Convert it to a bitmap with import snapshot the rect of the graphic (be
sure to use the window ID)
3) Re-render your vector graphic so that it is black on white, thus creating
a mask
4) Convert it to a bitmap with impport snapshot, thus creating the alphamask
4) You can use my Image Compositing stack at:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm
to see how to convert the black and white graphic to the alphadata of the
original screen capture.

If you are using anti-aliased graphics (such as smoothed screenfonts), this
somewhat changes, but is still possible. Basically you need to only use the
alphamasks and apply them to solid color bitmaps. If you're using more than
one color, you'll need to do this for each color, then composite them all
together (in memory, not on the card because of an image render bug--see
stack).

hope this helps,

Chipp