Learning RR's Transcript/ Books on Rev

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 3 09:23:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 12:55  AM, Graham Samuel wrote:

> As to methods of production for a book, as several people have pointed
> out, this is unlikely to be a money-making venture in the short term,
> and IMHO for the health of the RunRev product, the info should not be
> too hard to get to. For that reason I for one am against use of
> technology like Mark Brownell's, which if I understand it correctly is
> designed to maintain commercial secrecy and to give strong protection
> to copyright materials. At this stage I feel we're nearer to a need
> for something close to non-profit-making which seems to me to call for
> a more open production technology.

As to my e-book technology, the MTML Study Tool is offered in a free to
distribute format. I'm sure that a free to use version could be set up
that just keeps getting better as individual authors make contributions
to it.  My primary goal is to get my hands on a book as fast as I can.
I'm willing to work on this project for free if that is the only way to
get a book written by several experts. On the other hand I'm also a
publisher and am interested in working with individuals that wouldn't
mind distributing there work in this study tool format. I created the
MTML study tool based on the e-book industry's wish list for an e-book
technology. I'm learning RunRev so I can port it over to other
platforms. I'm currently working on the Blowfish algorithm for my own
RunRev projects.  Knowing what I know about the study tool I can't
think of a better tool to read a book in. It has search capabilities
and note taking functions that make it a more powerful tool the more
that it gets used.

I hope that whatever ends up happening regarding this project that it
goes beyond talking about it very soon.

Mark