was: Diskspace Function

Scott Kinder scott at mail.bc.edu
Tue Jun 3 07:03:01 EDT 2003

Thanks to all regarding the proper way to solicit available disk space. I had tried the diskspace function originally, but with MC 2.4.3 it really *does* return a fixed number (does not change when deleting or adding material to the disk....hmm). I downloaded a fresh copy of Metacard and used the script recommended by Richard (found in the Revolution docs!!!) and life was good.

I subsequently downloaded the trial version of Rev 2 and began to have documentation envy.  What a nice example and description of what this is function is designed to do.  I realize that Metacard's docs are more for programmers who don't need anything other than the raw syntax, but for someone like me, the examples really help.  Kudos to the Rev 2 documentation team.  Maybe I'll start a 'Switch' campaign.

Scott