Hacking RR2 with MetaCard 2.5

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 04:56:02 EDT 2003

--- Mathewson <richmond at mail.maclaunch.com> wrote:
> Any component of RR 2 can be opened in MetaCard 2.5
> and
> hacked.......
>
> However, it is quite easy to "fotally tuck" your
> version of
> RR 2 (done it several times) so back up before you
> get your
> thigh-high boots on and wade in.
>
> It seems that the safest bets are changing window
> sizes (or
> making unresizeable windows resizeable) and
> colouring those
> white backgrounds (tough on the eyes) a nice pastel
> shade.
>
> Love, Richmond Mathewson

Hi Richmond,

While it is true you can screw things up majorly that
way if you're not careful, at the same time I find it
interesting to learn more about their scripts, and
reassuring that if something isn't working under all
circumstances I can still patch it myself while
waiting for the next update (purely at my own risk, of
course).
I never thought of changing the background colour of
the palets ; might be a nice preference in a future
version of RunRev ?

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====